New Vehicle Offer
Go Crazy with Toyota
Buy any New or Signature Class Toyota and every time Emirates Team New Zealand win a race, you could win your money back!* Plus every new vehicle comes with Toyota Driveaway Value, which is a value package that has you covered for up to the first five years of ownership.
Watch to find out what is included in Toyota Driveaway Value
In Crazy We Believe
Follow our partnership with Emirates Team New Zealand and their quest to defend the America’s Cup in 2021.
*New Vehicle & Signature Class Win Your Car Value Back Terms and Conditions
- Toyota New Zealand's Prize Draw Terms and Conditions apply to this promotion, unless otherwise specified below.
- The Prize Draw is open to any person (New Zealand residents, companies and other entities) who:
- purchase a new Toyota vehicle at TDP or Bronze pricing, or a Signature Class Toyota vehicle, through or from an Authorised Toyota Dealer in New Zealand ('Eligible Vehicle') between 12:01am on 1 January 2021 and the close of 28 February 2021 ('Promotional Period'); and
- in the case of individuals, are aged 18 years or over at the time of vehicle purchase ('Eligible Purchaser').
- For the purposes of this Prize Draw, 'purchase' means:
- in relation to new Toyota vehicles, the Eligible Purchaser has executed an Offer to Purchase with an Authorised Toyota Dealer; and
- in relation to Toyota Signature Class vehicles only, the Eligible Purchaser has executed a Vehicle Offer and Sale Agreement with an Authorised Toyota Dealer.
- Orders cancelled before a Prize Draw will not be eligible to be entered in the Prize Draw. In the event an Eligible Purchaser cancels an order after a Prize Draw has been drawn, the Eligible Purchaser will not be eligible for the prize (see clauses 18 and 19 below regarding payment and delivery before the prize is awarded).
- Employees of Toyota New Zealand Limited, Toyota Finance New Zealand Limited, their advertising agencies, subsidiaries, Lexus and Toyota Dealership staff and their immediate families are not eligible for this Prize Draw.
How to Enter
- Each Eligible Purchaser of an Eligible Vehicle during the Promotional Period will be automatically entered into each Prize Draw by the Authorised Toyota Dealer who conducts the sale, unless the Eligible Purchaser opts out in accordance with clause 7. The Authorised Toyota Dealer will advise the purchaser of the promotion before the entry is made.
- In the event an Eligible Purchaser does not wish to enter the Prize Draw, they may opt out at the time of purchasing the vehicle, through the Authorised Toyota Dealer or by calling Toyota New Zealand using the details set out at the end of these terms.
- There will be one entry into the Prize Draw for each Eligible Vehicle purchased by an Eligible Purchaser. An Eligible Purchaser who purchases more than one vehicle during the Promotional Period will receive a separate entry in respect of each Eligible Vehicle purchased.
- The person(s) listed as the purchaser on the Offer to Purchase (for new Toyota vehicles) or the Vehicle Offer and Sale Agreement (for Toyota Signature Class vehicles) is deemed the entrant in the event of any dispute. This clause applies instead of clause 8 of the Toyota New Zealand’s Prize Draw Terms and Conditions.
- If an Eligible Purchaser's contact details change during the Promotional Period, or in the period when the Prize Draws occur, the Eligible Purchaser is solely responsible for contacting Toyota New Zealand or their Authorised Toyota Dealer to amend those details. Toyota New Zealand and Authorised Toyota Dealers do not take any responsibility to ensure that an Eligible Purchaser's details are correct at the time of a Prize Draw.
- The Prize is a refund of the price of the Eligible Vehicle to which the entry relates (including GST) purchased by the Eligible Purchaser at the time of purchase as specified on the Offer to Purchase (for new Toyota vehicles) or the Vehicle Offer and Sale Agreement (for Toyota Signature Class vehicles), excluding:
- finance break fees;
- new or additional accessories that the Eligible Purchaser requests are fitted to the Eligible Vehicle;
- pre-paid servicing;
- warranties; and
- any other items purchased at the same time as the vehicle.
The Prize Draw
- There is a maximum of seven Prize Draws which will be held after the Promotional Period. A Prize Draw will be undertaken for each race won by Emirates Team New Zealand during the America’s Cup. Emirates Team New Zealand need to win seven (7) out of 13 America’s Cup races in order to successfully defend the America’s Cup.
- The winner will be randomly drawn by Toyota New Zealand or a member of Emirates Team New Zealand from all eligible entries within 48 hours of Emirates Team New Zealand being declared the winner of the relevant race, unless:
- circumstances mean that a draw cannot reasonably take place within 48 hours, in which case the draw will be conducted as soon as practicable after Emirates Team New Zealand is declared as the winner of the relevant race; or
- there is a protest or appeal in respect of the relevant race, in which case the draw will be conducted 48 hours after Emirates Team New Zealand is declared as the winner of the relevant race.
- At the time of publication of these terms and conditions, the America’s Cup races are scheduled as follows (excluding Reserve Days and subject to change):
- Two races on Saturday 6 March 2021;
- Two races on Sunday 7 March 2021;
- Two races on Wednesday 10 March 2021;
- Two races on Friday 12 March 2021;
- Two races on Saturday 13 March 2021;
- Two races on Sunday 14 March 2021;
- One race on Monday 15 March 2021.
- Once an entry has been drawn, the same entry cannot be drawn in a subsequent Prize Draw.
- The winner will be notified via telephone on the number recorded on the Offer to Purchase (for new Toyota vehicles) or the Vehicle Offer and Sale Agreement (for Toyota Signature Class vehicles) at the time the vehicle is ordered via the Authorised Toyota Dealer.
- If the winner cannot be contacted by 5:00pm on the 5th working day after the Prize Draw, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and the Prize Draw will be redrawn until a winner is found.
- Winners of the Prize Draw must pay for and take delivery of the vehicle purchased (as originally ordered before notification of winning, and including any items that the winner agreed to purchase in the Offer to Purchase or Vehicle Offer and Sale Agreement (as applicable) such as accessories, insurance, pre-paid servicing, or warranties), before payment of the vehicle price will be refunded to the winner.
- If the winner does not pay for and take delivery of the vehicle to which the winning entry relates by 5:00pm on the 5th working days after being notified that the vehicle is ready for delivery, the prize will be forfeited and the relevant Prize Draw will be redrawn until a winner is found.
- The prize will be refunded by way of electronic funds transfer into the bank account used to purchase the Eligible Vehicle, unless the winner requests in writing that a different account be used. An Authorised Toyota Dealer or Toyota New Zealand may take such steps as they consider appropriate to verify the identity of the winner and/or the authority to act on behalf of the Eligible Purchaser (for example, where the Eligible Purchaser is a company or other entity, or where more than one person is specified on the Offer to Purchase or Vehicle Offer and Sale Agreement (as the case may be).
Further Terms and Conditions
- By entering, prize winner(s) agree to be available for reasonable publicity purposes without compensation, including but not limited to photographs and interviews. Entrants acknowledge that their details may be published in various media.
- Toyota New Zealand does not take any responsibility to repay any finance which is owed on the vehicle purchased: entrants acknowledge and understand that they are solely responsible for the repayment of any finance on the vehicle.
- Toyota New Zealand may change these terms and conditions if necessary to allow the Prize Draw to run as intended. See also clause 18 of the Toyota New Zealand’s Prize Draw Terms and Conditions.
- For the purposes of the Goods and Services Tax Act 1985 ("GST Act"), the Prize is a refund that alters the previously agreed consideration for the supply of the winner's Eligible Vehicle.
- If the Authorised Toyota Dealer or Toyota New Zealand issued a tax invoice for the winner's Eligible Vehicle, the Authorised Toyota Dealer or Toyota New Zealand will issue a credit note for the value of the Prize to the winner (being the recipient of the tax invoice) at the time the Prize is paid.
- If the Authorised Toyota Dealer or Toyota New Zealand did not issue a tax invoice for the winner's Eligible Vehicle, but simply included the value of the winner's Eligible Vehicle in its GST return, the Authorised Toyota Dealer or Toyota New Zealand will adjust the amount of tax payable in its GST return for the taxable period in which the Prize is paid.
- Words and phrases used in clauses 25-28 have the same meaning as in the GST Act.
Race or America’s Cup Cancellation/Postponement
- In the event that Emirates Team New Zealand does not take part in the America’s Cup for any reason (including, but not limited to bad weather, COVID-19 lock down restrictions or cancellation of the America’s Cup) the Prize Draw(s) will not be held. This is applicable to individual race cancellations and overall America’s Cup cancellations.
- In the event that any of the America’s Cup races are rescheduled, the Prize Draw for that race (if won by Emirates Team New Zealand) will be held at the conclusion of that race in accordance with clause 13
This promotion is being run by Toyota New Zealand Limited, Roberts Line, P O Box 46, Palmerston North 4440. To contact Toyota New Zealand, phone 0800 869 682.