Select your preferred store for a more customised experience.
Pacific Toyota is officially in the green scene, we’re actively finding ways to minimise our environmental impact throughout our business. We’re sustainably focused and committed to Keep’n it green!
Our strong sustainable focus is across all three of our stores in the Bay of Plenty. We even have an in-house Environmental Champion who is constantly finding innovative ways to reduce our environmental impact.
At Pacific Toyota, we align with Toitū’s belief and message “Toitū is to care for the life of this place, our people and our future” We are proud to be Toitū Enviromark diamond certified. Having an independently certified environmental management system means our ‘green’ commitment is backed by robust and verifiable operational activity.
Pacific Toyota is part of Toyota’s global initiative where 6 challenges have been set to reduce the environmental impact, then move to a net positive impact by 2050. Here at Pacific Toyota we support these 6 challenges at a local level with our own systems and initiatives which underpin our commitment to being Toitū certified.
1. Reduce vehicle CO2 emissions by 90% with low or Zero CO2 emissions (hybrid, plug-in hybrid, electric and fuel cell vehicles) and encourage their adoption.
2. Eliminate CO2 emissions in all stages of a car’s life cycle (resource extraction, parts/vehicle manufacturing, fuel production and consumption, driving, disposal and recycling)
3. Cut CO2 emissions to zero at manufacturing plants by developing low CO2 technologies, prompting energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy and hydrogen.
4. Minimise the consumption of water used and ensure high water quality is discharged back into the environment by focusing on efficiency, reuse and purification.
5. Use resources efficiently to create a recycling based society with eco-friendly materials, longer lasting parts, an expansion of recycling technology and the manufacture of new vehicles from end-of-life vehicles.
6. Collaborate with other businesses, government and non government organisations, and local communities to conserve natural systems, plant trees and promote environmental education and awareness.
Did you know you can recycle your e-waste for free at our Tauranga dealership?
Here at Pacific Toyota, we are proudly offering our staff, customers, and our community a place, where you can recycle your e-waste.
We are pushing hard to minimise our waste across all levels. You can now recycle your keyboards, cables, leads, mice, household batteries (remote batteries for cars too!), mobile phones, and ink cartridges. It’s currently placed in Tauranga collecting up all of our E-waste, so keep an eye out, it could be just around the corner from you. Our staff love it, the environment thanks us for it and we hope we make your recycling regime a tad bit easier.
Many more to come, Watch this green space!
Do you want your idea to be discussed at our next environmental committee meeting?
Get in touch we would love to hear from you!