Apple CarPlay®* & Android Auto™* are applications added to the vehicles multimedia system that allow the use of dedicated functions via an iPhone or Android device.
Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ connect to your car so you can perform many operations using voice command. Once connected you can:
• Navigate using Apple Maps, Google Maps or other navigation maps
• Stream music via Apple Music, Google Play Music or other music streaming services
• Send and receive SMS's or instant messaging services, place calls or answer calls with voice commands
• Get traffic, news or weather updates using mobile assistants like Siri® or Google Assistant™
How does it work?
Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™ can be operated by connecting a compatible smartphone to the vehicle's multimedia system using a USB cable. When the connection is detected and certified, the Apple CarPlay or Android Auto home screen will appear.
Depending on your phone, its settings & the configuration of the vehicle, Apple CarPlay or Android Auto may operate as soon as your phone is connected to the vehicle. In many cases, no other set-up will be required, however please refer to your Owners Manual if you are experiencing any problems or wish to know more.
Once connected, Apple CarPlay or Android Auto can be accessed at any time by pressing the 'MENU' button, then selecting either 'Apple CarPlay' or 'Android Auto' on the multimedia display.
Make sure your smartphone operating system is updated with the latest version to get the best performance. Only Apple CarPlay or Android Auto compatible apps can be used.
Apple CarPlay can be accessed by connecting an iPhone 5 or newer via a USB cable.
Android Auto can be accessed by connecting a smartphone (Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher) supporting Android Auto via a USB cable.
Connecting to the vehicle with a USB cable ensures the phone stays charged. An approved USB cable (e.g. Apple Lighting cable) is recommended to prevent possible connection issues.
When connecting a smartphone to the vehicle's multimedia system via a USB cable to use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, the Bluetooth function turns off and all Bluetooth device connections will be stopped. When the USB cable is disconnected, any previously connected Bluetooth devices will be automatically reconnected.
*Terms and Conditions
- ‘Apple’ and ‘CarPlay’ are trademarks of Apple Inc registered in the US and other countries.
- ‘Android Auto’ is a trademark of Google LLC.
- Compatibility and functionality vary depending on device.
- Requires compatible device, USB connection, mobile data, network reception and GPS signal.
- Mobile usage at user’s cost.
- Apps subject to change.
Please note that the Toyota App Suite (also known as SmartDeviceLink) are not available in New Zealand. Reference to its operations, availability of functions and phone compatibility are not displayed on our website (www.toyota.co.nz) as stated in supplied Navigation System and Supplement for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Owner’s Manuals.