The 17th Toyota Dream Car Art Contest Entry Terms and Conditions (Toyota New Zealand)
Your Dream Car.
- Category 1: 7 years old or under*
- Category 2: 8-11 years old*
- Category 3: 12-15 years old*
*All ages as of 2 October 2023.
2 October – 30 November at 12pm (no entries will be accepted after this date).
Please read these guidelines carefully before starting your artwork.
(1) Paper size: 400mm x 550 mm (15.7-21.7in.) or smaller
* The recommended size is A3 or tabloid size. (A4, quarter, and octavo sizes are also acceptable.)
* The color, material, and shape of paper can be chosen freely.
* The artwork with a thickness of over 5mm will be disqualified.
(2) Drawing materials:
* Any drawing materials can be used, such as color pencils, markers, crayons, or paints.
* Computer graphics artwork created on a computer or similar device will be accepted.
* Collage or cutout pictures will be allowed for plane drawings, excluding ones making other artworks dirty or requiring special care in handling.
* Artworks that do not meet the regulations mentioned above
* Artworks using photographs, free images, purchased products (stickers, wrapping paper, newspaper,
* Artworks that resemble the previous Toyota Dream Car Art Contest artworks, famous paintings,
paintings created by other artists.
* Artworks including trademarked characters, corporation logos, and specific items
* Artworks drawing cars by manufacturers other than TOYOTA
* Collaborative artworks drawn by multiple individuals
* Artworks created by a person other than the participant, or with the help of adults (parent, legal
guardian, instructor, etc.)
* Artworks with incomplete Entry Forms or missing information
(4) How to Enter
- Email the entry form and artwork (as an attachment) through to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries received by other means will not be accepted.
- A parent or both parents if applicable or guardian or guardians if applicable must sign the entry to be valid.
- Parental/guardian consent is needed to enter.
- Multiple submissions are allowed from the same person, however only one prize will be awarded per person.
Judging will be strictly conducted in two stages.
National Contest (TNZ)
- Artworks entered are judged as the “New Zealand Contest (National Contest).” The top artwork is to be selected from each category.
- The contest will be judged by a panel selected by Toyota New Zealand Limited (‘TNZ’) on 6th of December 2023. TNZ reserves the right to change this date.
- The top artwork in each category in the National Contest will be submitted to the World Contest that is run by Toyota Motor Corporation (‘TMC’) and held in Japan.
World Contest (TMC)
- In the World Contest, the entries selected from each country and region will be judged by a jury panel, where award winners will be selected.
Note: Past Winners of World Contest cannot be awarded in the same category again.
[“Winners” refer to; Grand Prize, Best Finalist (Encouragement Award in the 11th and the 12th Contest), and Special Award winners.]
The top artwork (1st place) from each of the age categories will be awarded the corresponding prize:
- Category 1: 7 years old and under – iPad RRP $1,179.00
- Category 2: 8-11 years old – iPad RRP $1,179.00
- Category 3: 12-15 years old – iPad RRP $1,179.00
TNZ will also randomly select 2 entries from each category who will win a Toyota merchandise pack consisting of a Lets Go Places, Kids Creative Sketch Set, glass bottle and Toyota cap.
Winners will be contacted via phone or email, using the details given on the email entry. The winner’s names will also be published on the www.toyota.co.nz/dreamcar website and the TNZ Facebook/Instagram page after the contest is judged.
The prize will be sent to the winner at the address nominated by the winner at the time of being advised they have won. TNZ will take all due care but will not be responsible for any prizes lost or damaged in transit.
If the winner cannot be contacted via phone or email after one week, the prize will be awarded to the subsequent place getter.
As a supplementary prize, prize money intended to be used for educational purposes will be presented as follows:
- 5,000USD prize money to each Grand Prize winner in each category (1 person in each category, 3 persons in total) / each Special Award winner in all categories (2 persons in total)
- 10,000USD prize money to each Grand Prize / Special Award winners’ elementary / junior high / high school
- 3,000USD prize money to each Best Finalist in each category (7 persons in each category, 21 persons in total)
Guidelines for Prize Money
- All the taxes related to prize money and expenses which are not specifically described on this official terms and conditions should be paid and borne by the winner or his/her parent(s)/ guardian and winner’s school themselves.
- The prize money payment should be settled based on the rate of remittance date.
- When receiving prize money, the winner’s parent(s)/guardian and responsible person of his/her school need to sign on the receipt.
- The necessity of filing final tax returns/tax payment should be confirmed by the winner or his/her parent(s)/guardian and winner’s school themselves based on local regulations and proceeded accordingly.
- World Contest Winners and their schools should agree with the Terms and Conditions which will be separately set to receive prize money.
- Regarding supplementary prize, please note that there is possibility to change depends on contest organizer’s discretion.
Announcement of winners
Winners (or the person in charge of each group) will be notified to them and their schools by the contest office.
The results of “New Zealand Contest (National contest)” are scheduled to be announced around 8 December 2023, while the result of the World Contest will be announced on the Official Website (www.toyota-dreamcarart.com) of the Toyota Dream Car Art Contest around August 2024.
- Submissions that have previously been released, submissions that have been entered in other contests, and submissions that infringe on a third party’s copyrights will not be accepted.
- Multiple submissions are allowed from the same person. However, only one prize will be awarded per person.
- Family members of employees of TNZ or Toyota Motor Corporation related companies are also eligible to participate.
- Any private information collected as part of the contest will not be used for any other purpose.
- All rights in the submitted artworks, including but not limited to publication, use, adaptation, editing, and revision rights, will belong to Toyota Motor Corporation.
- The submitted artworks may be used in advertisements and printed materials by Toyota Motor Corporation and partner companies that have supported the contest and obtained an official approval by Toyota Motor Corporation for the purpose of advertising.
- Prize eligibility may not be transferred or sold to a third party.
- The winners must submit to Toyota Motor Corporation a declaration attesting that they meet the eligibility requirements and an agreement that they will not submit their award-winning artworks to any other art contest.
- This contest will be invalid in regions which are prohibited or restricted legally.
Handling of personal information
Personal information will be used for:
- Notification of judging and judging results of this contest
- Sending of supplementary prize for this contest by mail
- Surveys for the purpose of improving the content of this contest, and for anonymous statistical analysis for marketing, etc.
- Under adequate safeguards any usage deemed necessary by Toyota Motor Corporation in order to conduct the contest fairly and safely.
- Disclosure of personal information to third parties: With the exception of providing personal information to contractors within the necessary scope of conducting this contest, personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without the permission of the individual.
- In operating and managing this contest, personal information will be provided to a company contracted to handle personal information that has adequate safeguards in place.