Find a store

Select your preferred store for a more customised experience.

Loading stores…

Find a store

Save Cancel

Select your preferred store for a more customised experience.

Find a store

Save Cancel

Toyota’s Signature Class voted most trusted used vehicle brand

Toyota’s-Signature-Class-voted-most-trusted-used-vehicle-brand_HERO_960x540

Toyota’s Signature Class has again been named by the Reader’s Digest as the most trusted brand for used car sales in New Zealand for the third successive year.

Since 1997 Signature Class has been a part of the used vehicle scene, when Toyota New Zealand set up a programme to deliver used vehicles that buyers could trust and rely on. There are now more than 50,000 Signature Class vehicles on New Zealand roads.

“Signature Class is an important part of ours and Toyota’s dealer networks’ business,” says Mark Young, Toyota New Zealand’s General Manager of Used Vehicles.

“This is fantastic endorsement of our Signature Class brand and the increasing trust so many New Zealanders have in our used vehicle product.”

An average of 2,100 Signature Class vehicles are sold each year inspection and refurbishment through Toyota’s refurbishment facility in Thames.

Signature Class vehicles sold through Toyota’s dealer network are a mixture of New Zealand new and imported vehicles. Since 2004, 80 per cent have been used vehicles that were first sold new in New Zealand and the other 20 per cent have been made up by imported used vehicles from Japan.

All vehicles are hand-picked by Toyota New Zealand buyers and go through a comprehensive refurbishment process at the Thames Signature Class facility. For imported used vehicles, independent odometer certification and compliance are carried out by the AA, and a New Zealand compatible sound system is fitted.

The Thames plant is ISO 14001:2015 and 9001:2015 accredited, so all work is done to a high-quality standard, while ensuring the environmental impact of the plant is minimised.

“The Thames team work together to ensure that every vehicle is refurbished thoroughly, so who better to stand behind the product,” Mark Young said.

All Signature Class vehicles are sold with three-year Toyota warranty, three years of AA roadside assistance and three years of Warrant of Fitness checks.

To increase the availability of lower emissions vehicles in New Zealand and support its target to reduce carbon emissions, Toyota sources high quality used hybrid electric (HEV) and plug-in hybrid electric (PHEV) vehicles from Japan for the Signature Class range. These Signature Class HEV and PHEV vehicles have the added security of five years warranty, AA Road service and WOF checks.

Toyota New Zealand has also taken out the most trusted car brand award for the 18th consecutive year.

The Readers Digest Trusted Brand awards, now in their 23rd year, are based on the views of more than 1700 adults, who are asked to rate the brands they trust the most. They scored over 72 categories of products and services across a broad range of industries. The research is undertaken independently of Reader’s Digest.