New Zealand’s premier single-seater category is the fastest and most competitive class in New Zealand.
Toyota FT-50 – New for 2015
Powered by Toyota’s strong and reliable series production 2ZZ-GE engine, the cars run in a modified race tune and are powered by an 85 per cent ethanol biofuel. Tatuus in Italy supply the proven, purpose built race car chassis used by the series.
The cars provide drivers with valuable experience of ‘aero” wings and slicks and with a full carbon fibre chassis and 215bhp there is plenty of performance and excitement.
All engines are built and maintained by a single engine builder and are output tested on a dynamometer, sealed and certified for equality of power. Engine computers are also sealed to ensure equality.
This package: a state-of-the-art, purpose-built monocoque carbon fibre chassis, a controlled 1.8 litre in-line four-cylinder engine and identical tyres and parts is a performance formula that places emphasis on driving talent.
New for 2015
- CHASSIS: Monocoque carbon. CTRS chassis are supplied by Tatuus in Italy and have been constructed to FIA Formula 3 safety standards.
- BODY: Carbon fibre
- ENGINE: CTRS cars are powered by Toyota’s reliable production based 2ZZ-GE 1800cc engine, hand built to ensure a reliable and consistent 215hp of performance.
- GEARBOX: Sadev 6-speed paddle shift, Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
- SAFETY: Carbon lift out with belts, rear crash box, high cockpit helmet protection
- FRONT and REAR SUSPENSION: Push rod, twin dampers
- SHOCK ABSORBERS: Orams 2 Way adjustable
- CALIPERS and BRAKE DISCS: Brembo F3
- WHEEL RIMS: Aluminium, centre bolt fixation, front 9 x 13, rear 10.5 x 13
- TYRES: To provide consistent high quality performance, Michelin F3 tyres are used.
- WEIGHT: 550kg approx. (with driver)
- FUEL: E85 Ethanol Bio Fuel. CTRS was the first “one make formula” in the world to use E85 ethanol biofuel.